Michigan Reconnect Program
The Michigan Reconnect program pays the remaining balance of in-district tuition and mandatory fees after other state and federal financial aid have been applied. Students who attend out-of-district community colleges will receive a large tuition discount. It’s designed specifically for eligible adults who want to start – or finish – an associate degree or skills certificate.
Three Easy Steps
Who Should I Contact?Admissions Office
- For more information on applying to ACC, contact ACC Admissions Director Mike Kollien at email@example.com or call 989.358.7339.
- For more information about the scholarship portion of this program, please contact the ACC Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989.358.7286.
Do I Qualify?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 25 years old when you apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
If you do not have a high school diploma or equivalent, visit Michigan.gov/LearnMoreEarnMore to get started.
Top Five things to know about Michigan Reconnect
What is the Michigan Reconnect Program?
- Michigan Reconnect is a last-dollar scholarship program for students age 25 or older to attend community college tuition-free. Students living outside of Alpena County will have to pay the difference between in-district tuition and out-of-district tuition. Michigan Reconnect pays the remaining balance of tuition and mandatory fees after other state and federal financial aid have been applied.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be 25 years or older, be a Michigan resident for at least 1 year, have a high school diploma or equivalent, and have not yet earned an associate or bachelor's degree.
How do Applicants apply?
- Applicants can apply online starting February 2nd at Michigan.gov/reconnect. The application will take less than 10 minutes to complete and applicants will find out immediately if they qualify for this scholarship. There is no deadline to apply at this time.
When can a person accepted to the Reconnect program start classes?
- Applicants can start using their benefits immediately! Summer Semester at ACC starts May 17th
Where can I learn more?
What if I've already completed a Certificate program?
Even if you completed a certificate program in the past, as long as you meet all of the eligibility requirements and haven’t completed your certificate yet, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
What if I'm already enrolled in an Associate Degree program?
Even if you are currently enrolled in an associate degree program, as long as you meet all of the eligibility requirements and haven’t completed your associate degree yet, you are eligible to apply for this scholarship.