ACC Wellness Center
At this time the ACC Wellness Center will be open only to students and staff by appointment. To make an appointment, contact Wellness Center Director Noel Curtis at 989.358.7391 or email@example.com. Participants should enter through the exterior Wellness Center doorway. Social distancing guidelines allow for 8-10 individuals at a time.
Fall 2020 Hours:
Monday — Thursday — 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday — 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday — 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
September 7 — CLOSED
November 26-29 — CLOSED
December 23 - January 1 — CLOSED
Guidelines for using the Wellness Center:
- Enter the Wellness Center from the front door. You will be able to access the locker room after signing into the Wellness Center. Locker room doors and gym doors from the hallway will remain locked.
- At each visit, stop at the front desk to sign in and complete a daily health screening form. Do not come in if you don’t feel well. For the initial visit each semester, a Health Release Waiver/PARQ form must also be completed
- Workout stations and equipment are configured to enable ten feet of distance during exercise sessions or six feet of distance with barriers. Please practice social distancing by keeping 10 feet apart.
- Sanitize Equipment after use. Spray bottles with sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are readily available.
- Hand sanitizer is located at the front and the far end of the wellness center and soap and water are available in the restroom and locker rooms for washing your hands. Wash your hands with soap and water before and after exercising.
Located on ACC's main campus, next to Park Arena, the Frederick T. Johnston Wellness Center is open to students, faculty, staff, and community members. The Wellness Center features:
- Cardio machines
- Weight training circuit
- Personal exercise programs
- Locker rooms
- Shower facilities
- Equipment check out
- Open gym
Registered students, faculty, and staff receive membership to the Wellness Center at no additional cost. Students receive free membership to the Wellness Center only during the semesters that they are actively enrolled. The general public are welcome and are able to join at a very affordable rate.
|Member||Fall/Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Community (under 60)||$125||$70|
|Monthly||$35 (seniors $25)||$30|
Annual Membership Rates
*Students receive a free membership during the semesters that they are actively taking courses. If they are not enrolled in Summer classes, they are not eligible for free membership during the summer and must pay to use the Wellness Center.
Adjunct Faculty - Free use for you and your spouse in the current semester you are teaching. All other semesters during the fiscal year is $50. If you discontinue as an adjunct employee, the current Wellness Center rates will apply to you and your family.
Children are not allowed. Individuals must be of junior status in high school or a member may pay for and bring in a younger child to utilize the center with written medical permission and be accompanied by the adult at the time of use.
Contact the Wellness Center StaffFrederick T. Johnston Wellness Center
Newport Center Building, Room 101
Wellness Center Technician