Office of Information Technology - Newport Center 108
What is Self-Service?Self-Service is an online resource for student, staff, and faculty access to Alpena Community College’s information systems. Self-Service also allows guests to view information about course offerings and current class listings.
How do I access Self-Service?Self-Service may be accessed directly at https://selfservice.alpenacc.edu/ or by going to ACC’s web page discover.alpenacc.edu and clicking the Self-Service link located under 'Popular Links' in the bottom footer of the website.
Is my user ID for Self-Service the same as my username for Blackboard?Yes. The user ID for Self-Service and ACC’s learning content management system, Blackboard, are the same. However, the passwords are separate and not synchronized.
Your username and password are the same for Self-Service as they were for WebAdvisor.
How will Self-Service help me?Self-Service gives you instant and up-to-date information to assist you with your college goals. For example, you can:
- Search for class sections by semester prior to registration and view enrollment status
- Obtain a program evaluation to determine degree or certificate requirements
- Plan courses and develop an educational plan
- View your class schedule
- View your personal file
- Communicate with your advisor
- Submit an address change
- Academic advising tools
- Register and drop classes
- Make payments on financial obligations
- View your financial aid status
- View your placement test summary
- View grades and unofficial transcripts
- Request official transcripts
- Apply for graduation
Is my personal information within Self-Service secure?Yes, the information found within Self-Service is secured with 128-bit encryption, the highest in the industry. However, information within Self-Service should be considered confidential; do not share your Self-Service user ID and password with anyone and be certain to always log out of Self-Service.