The Office of Public Information
The Office of Public Information and Marketing seeks to enhance communication and facilitate information sharing about the College both internally and externally.
Its primary functions are to serve as the gatekeeper for the release of information to the media and other external audiences, support student recruitment efforts, and plan and direct all College marketing efforts.
College staff who are contacted by news reporters or other media officials should contact the Public Information Office at 989.358.7215 before speaking to the press or disseminating college related information to the media.
The Public Information Office also helps maintain the ACC website, and all college-related social media content.
The OPI&M is sponsoring the Axe the Lumberjack Mascot Redesign Contest.
All campus publications including promotional and marketing materials, college catalogs, course schedules, program brochures, and other college publications are produced through the Public Information Office.
The Public Information Office at ACC maintains the ACC Facebook page and the ACC Instagram page as a way to provide announcements and information on upcoming events and activities, as well as to provide a forum for open discussion among students, faculty, staff, and the community.
The ACC website is maintained by the Public Information Office. Questions, issues, or concerns with the Web site can be directed to email@example.com.
Office of Public Information & Marketing Goals
- Project and enhance the perception of the College’s value as a vital resource for education and community development in Northeast Lower Michigan through a diverse selection of media and promotional opportunities.
- Remember and use the Seven Ps — Product, Place, Price and Promotion, Physical Environment, People, and Process — when devising marketing/communications programs.
- In advertising, emphasize the *value* of higher education, explain why higher education is important, and encourage students of all ages to take higher ed courses.
- Collect and use data from the student information system and the Admissions Office.
- Develop new markets for ACC services.