What is Articulation?Articulation is a method of granting university-level course credit for learning and skills accomplished as part of secondary school instruction.
So what does this mean to you?This means that you can take classes in high school and receive credit for them at ACC. Not only can you recieve credit for these courses, you will not be charged tuition for any courses that you receive articulated credit for!
General conditions and requirements:
If your school has an articulation agreement with ACC, contact your teacher or counselor to assist you with the application process. To be eligible for college credit, the following conditions must be met:
- Student must apply for articulated credit at ACC within two years of high school graduation
- Student must complete the Application for Articulated Credit and attach an official high school transcript showing the completion of the appropriate course and send both documents to Alpena Community College registrar’s office
- Student must complete the secondary career technical education course competencies with a “B” or better final grade.
- Student must be apply to and be accepted to Alpena Community College before articulated credit can be processed
Benefits of Articulation at ACC
- With ACC, you have two years to apply for articulated credit!
- ACC offers great technical programs that can help you get a great career.
- Our Articulation Agreements are valid at both our Alpena Campus and our Oscoda Campus.
- You won't have to repeat the courses you took in high school again in college, and you won't have to pay tuition for them!