Earn Your BSN Degree from UM-Flint
UM-Flint and Alpena Community College have collaborated to offer select UM-Flint courses leading to a BSN degree, through a combination of classes on-site in Alpena, Flint, and online.
- Current ACC Students may enroll as a UM-Flint Guest Student while completing coursework at ACC. A Financial Aid Consortium Agreement is in place for students who wish to utilize financial aid between ACC and UM-Flint.
- Alpena Regional Medical Center RNs may enroll as a UM-Flint Transfer Student.
- New ACC Students can apply online or contact the ACC Admissions Office at 989.358.7339 for more information about becoming a student.
UM-Flint Required Course Offerings
Fall Semester (September - December)
• NUR 369 - Transcultural Health Care, 3 Credits
• NUR 399 - Legal & Moral Decisions in Nursing & Health Care, 3 Credits
Winter Semester (January - Aprill)
• NSC 373 - Computers in Health Care, 3 Credits
• NUR 361 - Health Promotions Across the Lifespan, 3 Credits
ACC Suggested Course Offerings
Required for UM-Flint BSN:
• BIO 228 - Pathophysiology, 4 Credits
• PSY 226 - Developmental Psychology, 3 Credits
Fine Arts - 3 total credits are required
• ART 123 - Design I, 3 Credits
• ART 127 - Basic Drawing I, 3 Credits
• MUS 120 - Fundamentals of Music, 3 Credits
Finance & Quantitative Literacy - 3 total credits are required
• MTH 223 - Statistical Methods, 4 Credits
Humanities - 6 total credits are required
• HUM 241 - Humanities, 4 Credits
• HUM 242 - Humanities, 4 Credits
• PHL 125 - Language and Reason, 3 Credits
• PHL 228 - Introduction to Ethics, 3 Credits
• SPE 121 - Speech Communications, 3 Credits
Apply for UM-Flint BSN Program at: http://umflint.edu/admissions/apply/