Student Success Center
Alpena Community College students can come to The Student Success Center for the help they need to succeed! All services are FREE!
Student Success Center LocationsAlpena Campus:
125 Van Lare Hall
Spring Semester Hours
Monday & Tuesday — 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday — 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday — 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m
Spring Semester Hours
Monday — 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday — 12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday — 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday — 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday — 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
*Reduced hours May-August and during scheduled college breaks.
Services for Students
- FREE TUTORING
- Students can schedule 3 hours of one-on-one tutoring per week for every class
- Fill out an application today!
- Free Proofreading Services
- Tutors can proofread papers for MLA/APA formatting, grammar, punctuation, content and flow
- FREE WORKSHOPS on: Study skills, note-taking, testing techniques, APA & MLA formatting, scholarship searches, resume, cover letter & interview techniques, scheduling the right classes for your degree and more!
- Math solution manuals and foot pedals for machine transcription
- 10 computers with FREE printing for academic purposes and wireless internet
- large tables for tutoring and studying
- Referrals to other ACC services
- Online tutoring available 2:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. at brainfuse, www.alpenalibrary.org
- Tutoring Services
Did you know that the Student Success Center offers FREE workshops for ACC students? This semester, most of our workshops are being held virtually. If you would prefer to go over the material in person, Jenn would be happy to help! Stop by the Student Success Center in VLH 125 for some one-on-one help! For more information or to sign up for any of the workshops listed below, contact Jenn at email@example.com.
APA 6th Edition Exposed
Study Skills & Writing Help
If you need help with study skills or writing a paper, the Student Success Center is the place to go! Call or stop by and they will set up a time to assist you.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Alpena Community College policies and practices for admission, employment, and activities comply with requirements of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title II of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990; ACC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability. For more information, contact the Title IX, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act and Title II coordinator: Carolyn Daoust, VLH 124, (989) 358-7211.
Requesting Disability Services
It is important to understand that in the post-secondary learning environment, a potential student must establish that they are otherwise qualified by meeting the academic and technical standards required for admission. Services to accommodate a disability cannot alter the content of a class.
Prior to requesting Disability Services at Alpena Community College (ACC), an individual must:
- Be officially admitted to ACC
- Complete placement-testing requirements
After completing the above requirements, an individual requesting Disability Services must:
- Make their disability known. An interview may be scheduled by contacting the Dean of Students;
- Provide disability documentation that meets standards set by Alpena Community College.
Additional information regarding the purpose of, and general guidelines for, disability documentation.
More detailed information about ACC’s Disability Services policies and procedures is available in the Access for Students with Disabilities publication: Students With Disabilities
For more information on your rights and responsibilities as you prepare for post-secondary education, visit http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/transition.html.