It's never too early to research, identify, and work toward securing internships and post-graduate career opportunities. We invite prospective and current students as well as alumni to use our wide array of career education services and resources.
Current Job, Internship, and Job Training Postings
Registered Nurse, NEMCSA
Posted: May 11, 2021
Working Remotely until further notice
Employment Category: Full Time
Application Deadline: May 11, 2021 (Or Until Filled)
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for assessing the participants’ functional level of care and medical care necessary to determine eligibility for multiple programs and services. Assess individuals to determine what is important to them and complete a person-centered plan of care. The RN will analyze the environment and health conditions of the at-risk participant, coordinate and arrange services for program participants and assist in the Medicaid application process as appropriate. Complete required forms; maintain participant files and related paperwork in a manner consistent with state, federal, and agency guidelines and timeframes. Advocate for participants and their allies. Work as a team member in the development and implementation of participant person-centered care plans. Maintain ongoing communications with the participant, their allies, and community entities. Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of program participants.
- Perform client assessments/reassessments and develop care plans utilizing person-centered planning guidelines;
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills that are required to work with participants, allies, agency staff, vendors, and community and government entities;
- Act as a strong client advocate;
- Work with SW team member to determine participants’ medical eligibility for appropriate program enrollment;
- Monitor the nursing facility level of care and functional eligibility at each assessment to assure proper program utilization;
- Comply with state, federal, and agency reporting requirements and mandated response time minimums;
- Develop and coordinate comprehensive community-based service delivery in accordance with person-centered planning;
- Participate in and represent the agency at all local, state, and federal meetings as required;
- Assist with training or workshops and participate in program presentations as necessary;
- Participate in education and professional development as appropriate and obtain CEUs required for licensure;
- Establish and maintain working relationship with various outside county wide entities such as MDHHS local offices, Community Mental Health, Public Health Department, Senior Center staff, hospitals, home health agencies, probate courts, legal providers, rural health clinics, long-term care facilities, and adult foster care homes;
- Develop and maintain a list of countywide resources and programs, which may benefit clients in need of such services;
- Participate in policy and procedure development as appropriate;
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times;
- Be knowledgeable of and prepared to follow appropriate procedures during an emergency situation in a client’s home;
- Maintain communication with physicians, hospital personnel and nursing home staff as needed to effectively case manage participant’s medical conditions and medication use;
- Perform comprehensive assessments of participant medications, health status, functional abilities and medical history;
- Complete an Emergency Plan with the participant and their allies;
- Extensive travel throughout multi-county service area;
- Prioritize tasks based on recognized standards;
- Maintain professionalism while assisting participants or representing the agency at all times;
- Report any suspected cases of abuse, neglect, or exploitation to the appropriate agency as well as the Community Based Care Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We’ll Love About You:
- Registered Nurse degree.
- 2-4 years experience in serving frail older adults or disabled persons.
- Working knowledge of computers including Windows, Microsoft Office, and email.
- Ability to learn assessment data collection software.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Yes-During the pandemic Supports Coordinators are not conducting in-home visits and will work remotely from their home until further notice.
Ready To Apply?
Only applications through our Career portal at www.nemcsa.org will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on May 11, 2021, or until filled.
Special Event Management/Communications Intern, Ascension St. Joseph Foundation
Posted: May 11, 2021
Part-Time Package Handlers, UPS
Posted: April 20, 2021
Must be 18 years old to apply.
Two shifts available are:
AM-Preload - Approximately 5:30 AM – 9:30 AM
PM-Local Sort - Approximately 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
All positions are Seasonal, May 1st – Sept 4th 2021. However, there is a good possibility of being hired in permanently with good attendance and good performance.
Starting Wage is $14.50 / hour
Please apply online at: WWW.UPSJOBS.COM
Call us at 989.354.2255 with any questions.
Community Nutrition Instructor, MSU Extension
Posted: April 19, 2021
Apply to be a community nutrition instructor at Michigan State University Extension by April 27. There are two open spots in Northeast Michigan specifically, and a few other openings throughout Michigan. Visit http://careers.msu.edu/en-us/listing to learn the details, and filter by “Extension,” by your county of interest, or by specific job posting like “694983.” An associate degree is preferred, or a combination of education and specific, relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Branch Banker, PNC Bank
Posted: April 8, 2021
Direct link to Branch Banker job posting on PNC site
Teller Lead, PNC Bank
Posted: April 8, 2021
Direct link to Teller Lead job posting on PNC site
Assembly Work, Reacher Mfg. Corp
Posted: March 23, 2021
- Full-time preferred/part-time available
- Start as early as April
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for a permanent position
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for overtime
- For those who become permanent full-time, excellent benefits package
- Must be 18 years old
Food Service Staff, Choice Services
Posted: March 19, 2021
Choice Services, Inc operates a large dining hall at the Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center near Alpena airport. We need motivated, reliable food service staff to join our team. Full-time and part-time opportunities available as we cook, serve, wash dishes, clean for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight meals. Flexible hours. All candidates must be able to drive themselves to work and pass a background check. This is a fast-paced, positive work environment for visiting troops that come to Alpena for training. The wage for food service workers $14 per hour paid every Friday. Call Nancy 616.304.5682 or send resume to email@example.com
Posted: March 17, 2021
AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer, Child and Family Services of Northwest Michigan
Posted: March 8, 2021
Senior Service Liaison, SSL
Posted: March 8, 2021
Relief Bus Drivers, Alpena Public Schools
Posted: February 27, 2020
Substitutes, Alpena Public Schools
Posted: September 30, 2019