Greetings and welcome to Alpena Community College. We’re glad you’re here. Since 1952, ACC has provided high-quality, low-cost, post-secondary educational opportunities to the people of Northeast Michigan. Thousands of students have discovered the value of an ACC education, including:
- Dual-enrolled high school juniors and seniors seeking college credit for transfer purposes
- Young people exploring careers through Early College opportunities
- Vocational students seeking hands-on coursework leading to good jobs and outstanding careers
- Transfer students taking the first two years of a baccalaureate degree closer to home at about one third the cost of a typical state university
- Unemployed workers seeking retraining to transition back into the workforce
- Adults pursuing a dream of a new career
- Workers seeking specific skills upgrades to advance their careers
- Adults engaged in lifelong learning
- People from all walks of life exploring the opportunities higher education provides
ACC is renowned for quality instruction. Faculty and staff, focused on student learning and motivated by student success, stand ready to help you reach your goals. A rich menu of certificates and degree programs is offered on our main campus in Alpena. Educational opportunities are also provided at the Oscoda Campus. Concrete Technology, Utility Technology, and Marine Technology are notable examples of unique occupational programs offered at ACC. For students intending to transfer to larger universities for bachelor and advanced degrees, there is no better place to begin than ACC. Quality of instruction, small class sizes, accessibility to instructors, support services, and low cost all combine to create an educational experience that delivers value that lasts a lifetime.
Thank you for choosing ACC. We look forward to beginning our journey together.
Dr. Don MacMaster
Please feel free to contact me at 989.358.7246 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View Alpena Community College's 2020-21 Annual Report (PDF)
- View Alpena Community College's 2019-20 Annual Report (PDF)