Alpena Community College is committed to academic excellence and to the ideal of the dignity and worth of the individual. Recognizing that education is a comprehensive, life-long activity, the college will provide a measure of forgiveness for past academic deficiencies. A second opportunity will be provided those former students qualifying for and requesting academic renewal.
- A student may declare and receive academic renewal only once.
- Academic Renewal
- Grades and course history will remain on the transcript, but credits, grade points, and grade point averages will be deleted.
- The point of academic renewal will be the end of a semester as chosen by the student.
- A period of two years or more must have passed since the selected academic renewal point.
- All ACC course work prior to and including the selected semester will be subject to academic renewal.
- A student seeking to request academic renewal must obtain a Request for Academic Renewal from the Registrar's Office (VLH 108).
- Upon completion by the student, the Request for Academic Renewal is returned to Campus Services for processing.
- The student's transcript will carry a notation: "Academic Renewal Granted For All Course Work Prior to This Entry." The course descriptions and original grades will remain on the transcript.