What is Office 365?
Office 365 gives you the software and products that you need, when you need them, where you need them. Whether you’re working in the classroom, your office or on the go, you get a familiar, top-of-the-line set of productivity tools. Office applications—always the latest versions—let you create, edit, and share from your PC/Mac, iPad®, tablet, or phone with anyone in real time. The best part? You get all of this for free through ACC.
Microsoft announced in December 2013 that they would begin offering Office 365 services and software free to schools participating in Microsoft's volume licensing program. Microsoft has made this service available to 36,000 schools across the country. Alpena Community College participates in Microsoft's volume licensing program and intends to implement the Office 365 program for current students and college staff. The Microsoft Office 365 program will include a free e-mail address for current students that includes a customized address using the myacc.alpenacc.edu domain name. The Microsoft service will allow ACC to communicate with students through a college provided e-mail address that is safe, efficient, and is compliant with current FERPA policies. Office 365 services, software, and e-mail are only available to students enrolled in classes at ACC.
With Office 365, you have access to all of the software included above. The benefits don't stop there, though. You also have access to:
- Cloud-based Outlook E-mail, Calendar, and Contacts, including 50 GB of storage per user
- Web Conferencing through Microsoft Lync Online
- Access to the full suite of Office ProPlus including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- 5 Office Desktop version downloads including both PC and Mac
- The latest versions of Office for both PC and Mac, ensuring students are up to date on their Office skills
- The ability to edit Office Documents through Office Mobile on iOS and Android devices
- Cloud storage on OneDrive