Application for Tutoring
Alpena Community College Student Services Center
Please complete the application to receive Free Tutoring services.
In order to provide the most effective tutoring arrangements possible, I understand that:
- I must attend class regularly in order to receive tutoring assistance.
- The Student Services Center (SSC) has the right to cancel, change or add students to my tutoring sessions.
- The SSC may communicate with my instructor(s) to maximize the effectiveness of my tutoring sessions.
- Tutors are only to assist me with understanding course material, NOT to complete assignments or tests for me. Tutors are very knowledgeable, but are not expected to know everything.
- During a proofreading session, I will work with the tutor to receive feedback, but it is ultimately my decision whether to make changes and submit what I believe is quality work.
- Tutoring must take place on campus and it is my responsibility to bring materials necessary for the session.
- I am responsible for scheduling my appointments. I may receive up to 3 hours of tutoring per week, per class. I understand that same-day appointments are rarely available. I may schedule appointments the day prior or up to 1 week in advance. Standing appointments are not available. Appointments will be scheduled in the SSC unless I request a different location. Appointments scheduled outside of the SSC hours will be scheduled in the ACC Library. SSC hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30-5:30 & Friday 8:30-1:30.
- If I have to cancel a tutoring appointment, I will contact the SSC at least 12 hours in advance at 989-358-7270.
- If I arrive more than 15 minutes late for my tutoring appointment without notifying the SSC, I will be considered a “no-show”. If I miss and/or cancel three tutoring appointments without the required advance notice, my tutoring privileges may be terminated.
- Any questions or concerns regarding tutoring should be brought to the attention of the SSC Coordinator. I have read, understand and agree to abide to all of the above terms and responsibilities.