- If you are looking for professional experience, new skills, networking or career options, consider volunteering for Shelter, Inc. Shelter provides support for victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual abuse, and utilize volunteers for a wide variety of tasks. Contact Shirley, at 356.6265, for information.
- Area Girl Scouts need friendly adults to work as Girl Scout leaders. Leaders can work with a traditional troop or just run a single event or series on a topic they like. Training, mentoring, and support is provided. You don't have to have a girl who is a scout; you don't have to have been a scout yourself; you don't even have to be a female! Please consider this rewarding opportunity to lead girls in our community who benefit from scouting - from you!
- Bay View Drop-In Center seeks volunteers to socialize with clients by sharing crafts skills, computer skills, playing games and cards, and just visiting.
- NEMCSA is looking for Parent Aide Volunteers to conduct routine communication with parents to assist with a variety of parenting skills.
- Tendercare Alpena is looking for someone to read to residents once/week in the early evening.
- Huron Humane Society has openings for volunteers who love our four-legged friends.
- Turning Brook is always looking for volunteers who like to read, play games, play an instrument, sing, or visit with residents at Turning Brook. Pet visits are always welcome. Please contact Angie at 354.4200.
- Community Tech is a nonprofit organization that recycles computer components providing functional machines to consumers for a nominal fee. They welcome volunteers, regardless of computer knowledge. Anyone able to use a screwdriver can help!
- The Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary has many interesting and fun positions for volunteers.
- Hospice Angelic Care in Tawas has openings for volunteers in a variety of capacities, including patient support, caregiver respite, office support, and community projects. Please call 877.362.4141 for more information.
To volunteer with a local non-profit organization, fill out the online application
or call 989.358.7271.
Christmas Wish ListThe Christmas Wish List is now operated by the United Way of Northeast Michigan.
Community EnrichmentDid you know that ACC offers non-credit classes right in your own community? Brush up on your skills, explore areas of interest, or find something fun and different. Community Enrichment classes are short, inexpensive, and focus on everything from crafts, cooking, fitness, financial health, technology, and a host of other career, professional, and personal development offerings.