Transfer Information

Current Students

Request Transcripts

Need to send your Official Transcripts from ACC to another school or organization?

Complete the Transcript Request Form

Request Transcript Online

Michigan e-transcript Service

What is Parchment?

Transfer Information

Students planning to transfer to a four-year institution should be aware that universities and colleges differ widely in the courses they accept for transfer, and they must assume responsibility for planning these courses. In order to achieve maximum transferability of course work, students should consult with ACC advisors who are available to assist them in this process. It is also the students’ responsibility when transferring from ACC to be aware of the transfer institution’s policies and course and program requirements. This information can be obtained from the transfer school’s web site and by contacting the transfer school.   

Transfer Timeline

Transferring to a college/university involves thorough academic advising, research, and planning. This Transfer Timeline can assist you in the transfer process, but it is only a general “suggested” guide. As the transfer process is unique to each transfer college/university, it is the student’s responsibility to know the transfer college’s requirements and adapt this “suggested” timeline accordingly.   

Academic Advising

Alpena Community College students are assigned an academic advisor who instructs in their field of study or in a related area. These advisors assist students in selecting courses based on their program of study and the college to which they intend to transfer. It is highly recommended that students consult with their academic advisor prior to registering for classes.   

Transfer Equivalency Information

Visit the Michigan College Mall to determine how your courses transfer to four-year colleges. This is also a link to Michigan college home pages, admissions applications, and telephone contacts.

MACRAO Agreement

Alpena Community College participates in the Michigan Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (MACRAO) Articulation Agreement between public and private community colleges and four-year colleges in Michigan. This agreement provides ACC students more assurance of having completed their general education requirements when they transfer to a participating four-year college or university.

The MACRAO Articulation Agreement contains basic two-year requirements which are included in the Associate of Arts degree:

  1. English Composition (six semester hours). 
  2. Natural Science (eight semester hours). At least one of the Natural Science courses will be a laboratory course. Mathematics is included in the Natural Science category. Courses will be taken in more than one academic discipline. 
  3. Social Science (eight semester hours). Courses will be taken in more than one academic discipline. 
  4. Humanities/Fine Arts (eight semester hours). Courses will be taken in more than one academic discipline, unless both HUM 241 and HUM 242 are completed.

Transcripts of ACC graduates who meet the MACRAO Agreement requirements and are awarded an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree will automatically be certified for the MACRAO Agreement. Students who transfer prior to the completion of a degree program but have completed the MACRAO requirements may also be certified upon request.

MACRAO requirements can be fulfilled in Associate of Science Degree programs by taking required humanities and social science electives. MACRAO Transfer Brochure

Michigan Transfer Agreement

(Replaces MACRAO Transfer Agreement Beginning Fall 2014)

(MACRAO Agreement for students who started prior to Fall 2014 Completion Deadline – Summer 2019 – see Registrar.)
Alpena Community College participates in the Michigan Transfer Agreement between public and private community colleges and universities in Michigan. This agreement provides ACC students more assurance of having completed their general education requirements when they transfer to a participating four-year college or university. Working closely with your academic advisor is recommended to assure meeting MTA requirements. To fulfill the Michigan Transfer Agreement, students must successfully complete at least 30 credits, with at least a 2.0 in each course. These credits, which will be certified by a Michigan Community College, should be met according to the following distribution:
One course in English Composition
-- ENG111 or ENG121
A second course in English Composition or one course in Communications
-- ENG112 or ENG122 or SPE121 or SPE123
One course in Mathematics
-- MTH – MTH 121 and higher
Two courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines)
-- ANP – All Anthropology courses
-- ECN – All Economics courses
-- EDU – All Education courses
-- GEO – All Geography courses (except GEO127 - lab science)
-- HST – All History courses
-- PLS – All Political Science courses
-- PSY – All Psychology courses
-- SOC – All Social Science courses
Two courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines and excluding studio and
performance classes)
-- ART – ART 246
-- ASL – All American Sign Language courses
-- ENG – All 200 level courses
-- HST – HST 121 or 122 (may be used as Humanities or Social Science)
-- HUM – All Humanities courses
-- MUS – MUS110, 120, 125, 126, 228 and 229
-- PHL – All Philosophy courses
-- SPE – All Speech courses (if not used to complete communications requirement)
-- All Foreign Language courses (FRN, GER, SPN)
Two courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience (from two
-- BIO – All Biology courses
-- CEM – All Chemistry courses
-- GEO – GEO127
-- PHS – All Physical Science courses
-- PHY – PHY111, 112, 121, 122, 123, 124, 221, 222
Note: If courses selected do not total 30 hours the student must take an additional course from one of the above groups.

To be eligible for the Michigan Transfer Agreement at Alpena Community College, a minimum of 1 college level course must be taken at Alpena Community College. Transcripts of ACC graduates who meet the MTA requirements will automatically be certified for MTA when degrees are posted to academic records. Students who transfer prior to the completion of a degree program but have completed the MTA requirements may also be certified upon request. Requests should be made to the Registrar. 

Cooperative Transfer Programs

Alpena Community College has developed Cooperative Programs (articulation agreements) with various colleges and universities to expand opportunities for students interested in specialized programs not available in their entirety at ACC. These programs are intended to facilitate the transition of a student from one educational institution to another and should be completed in consultation with your academic advisor and the transfer college/university.

Transfer Guides

Transfer guides provide students with a list of ACC courses that meet specific course requirements at the transfer college/university. Students are encouraged to check with their academic advisor and the transfer college/university to determine if there is a guide available for their transfer program.    

College/University Visits to ACC’s Campus

Representatives from the major colleges/universities visit ACC each year during the fall and spring semesters. These representatives meet with students to answer questions regarding transferable credits, entrance requirements, program availability, financial aid and other areas of interest. The visits are advertised throughout the campus.

Learn About Other Colleges

CollegeSource® Online gives you the tools to locate the college of your choice and provides access to the following:

  • Over 25,000 college catalogs, including 2-year, 4-year, graduate and professional schools
  • International colleges online
  • Links to college home pages
  • Search for colleges by criteria including program major, tuition, and geographic location
  • Course descriptions
  • Local maps to each institution

Earn Your Associate Degree From ACC Even After You Transfer to a University - Learn More

Transcript Requests

Alpena Community College offers different options to release your ACC transcript to another college/university or other destination. These options include:

If you are a guest student at ACC and would like to transfer credits back to your home college, complete the Online Application for Admission.