Alpena Community College offers selected courses online for students who find it difficult to attend class on campus. The online course delivery format is flexible in time and place by delivering instruction via the Internet and the student's computer. Online courses may require regular participation in online discussion groups and submission of assignments. Courses must be completed within the normal 16-week semester (Fall and Spring) or specified summer term.
Prerequisites for enrollment in online courses include moderate computing skills, an ability to learn independently of the classroom, have a reliable e-mail account on file with the college, and have computer availability with internet access.
Online Learning Resources
- Are you ready for Online Learning? Take a Self-Assessment*
- Do you have the technology requirements to take online classes? Find out HERE*
- What does an online class look like? Take the Online Learning Orientation HERE
- What are some Tips for Being Successful in online classes?*
- How do you enroll in online classes? FAQ's About Enrolling in Online Classes
Alpena Community College is also a member of the *Michigan Colleges Online (MCO) and accepts its courses in transfer.
*External Sites not maintained by Alpena Community College.