What is WebAdvisor?WebAdvisor is an online resource for students, staff, alumni, and the community access to Alpena Community College’s information systems. WebAdvisor also allows guests to view information about course offerings and current class listings.
How do I access WebAdvisor?WebAdvisor may be accessed directly at www.alpenacc.edu/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor or by going to ACC’s web page discover.alpenacc.edu and clicking the WebAdvisor link located in the top right corner.
Creating a WebAdvisor Account:You must have your Social Security Number OR Student Identification Number and an e-mail address on file at ACC to set up and use WebAdvisor.
- From the WebAdvisor home page, select the link I’m New to WebAdvisor.
- From the next page, read the directions carefully and then click Okay.
- The title at the top of the next page will read What’s my User ID? Fill in your last name and either your Social Security Number (no hyphens) or student ID and select Submit.
- On the next paged titled Select an Email Address, write down your WebAdvisor student ID. Select your e-mail address to have a temporary password e-mailed to you. Select Submit.
- Check your email for your new temporary password. After retrieving your temporary password, go back to WebAdvisor and select Log In.
- From the Log In page, enter your WebAdvisor User ID and new temporary password you received through your email and select Submit.
- The first time you log in to WebAdvisor, you will be required to change your password. From the Change Password page, enter your WebAdvisor User ID, your old password (the temporary password that was e-mailed to you), and your new password. The new password must be 6 to 9 characters in length and include both letters and numbers.
Is my user ID for WebAdvisor the same as my username for Blackboard?Yes. The user ID for WebAdvisor and ACC’s learning content management system, Blackboard, are the same. However, the passwords are separate and not synchronized.
How will WebAdvisor help me?WebAdvisor gives you instant and up-to-date information to assist you with your college goals. For example, you can:
- Search for class sections by semester prior to registration and view enrollment status
- Obtain a program evaluation to determine degree or certificate requirements
- Plan courses and develop an educational plan
- View your class schedule
- View your personal file
- Communicate with your advisor
- Submit an address change
- Academic advising tools
- Register and drop classes
- Make payments on financial obligations
- View your financial aid status
- View your placement test summary
- View grades and unofficial transcripts
- Request official transcripts
- Apply for graduation
Is my personal information within WebAdvisor secure?Yes, information found within WebAdvisor is secured with 128-bit encryption, the highest in the industry. However, information within WebAdvisor should be considered confidential; do not share your WebAdvisor user ID and password with anyone and be certain to always log out of WebAdvisor.